Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Video Clips




I used Google Video and a new video searching site, Teacher Tube to find a tutorial and a subject area lesson. I am a general studies teacher so I chose to find a video on a Math lesson and a tutorial on the infamous Smart Board. I would use the tutorial for a professional development day of some sort. What I was really excited about though, was the Teacher Tube Video on Equivalent Fractions. It is a video lesson going through the examples, definitions, and all applicable skills regarding equivalent fractions. I would love to show this in my classroom! First of all, it is a break from the monotonous text book and oral reading. The children will be engaged by the use of technology as well as the different presentation of the lesson. We so often here about how learning styles vary form visual, auditory, and tactile. I feel with the video you are reaching more of your students as opposed to the rote routine. Also, you could post the link to the lesson on your classroom blog! Students could revisit the lesson for studying for a test, review, and if they are absent, they can see what was discussed in class as if they were there!

1 comment: