Monday, April 27, 2009

Kids Learn Out Loud

Kids Learn Out Loud (http://kids.learnoutloud.com/Home) is an excellent website to incorporate into the classroom. It has a wide selection of audio, video, and podcasts on different subjects. They have poems, short stories, audio books, autobiographies, and much more. I previewed a podcast on Aesop's Fables. This podcast had a different reader assiggned to each fable. After each fable the moral is stated as well. It was fun to listen to for me and I am sure my student's wouldn't mind having these fables read to them in this way. Even though they are fifth graders they too still enjoy being read to. Along with the reading I can oresent a pcture slide show of eac fable I used. Then I could assign each student a fable to work with and even re-record using their own voice as well as putting the moral into their own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment