Saturday, January 24, 2009

3 ways I could use blogs in my class




I can use a blog with my students for so many things. I can use a blog for book discussions. I can pose a question each night or week on my blog and require all my students to respond to the blog and then respond to each other in regards to the book.
I can also use a blog for over the summer to stay in touch with my students or for new and upcoming fifth graders. I can post my summer reading lists, things to expect for the year, a supply list. I could have blog where they introduce themselves to their new classmates! I really think the children would love the blog for this especially, it prepares them for something that they are usually dreading. They know what to expect and can make friends before the school year even begins!
I can use my blog to post assignments, have "Help" Sessions, where I can be available for help as well as other classmates. They could do projects together using their blogs. Also we could go international and link up with another fifth grade classroom! We can see what they are learning about, what they are reading, and different educational topics they are studying that we may be able to study along with them and then have blog discussions about it.

5 comments:

  1. Love the dots...isn't it an amazing tool for the classroom...I keep thinking how valid and relevant using a blog would be to students...One problem in special education is that students are reluctant to attempt homework on their own...yet they have some of the most sophisticateed MySpace accounts...Using the internet may take some of this reluctancy away...Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name of your blog!!!!! I can't believe this is your first blog ever. Your site is so well put together. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Once this becomes familiar it will be very effective, I can see it as one of those things you cannot live without.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The use of blogs is only limited by one's creativity. I can see that you have great plans!
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gab, You have some great ideas for blogging. Personally, I'm having some difficulties figuring out how this all works. I think I should become a member of your classroom so you can teach me how to be a proficient blogger just like you!
    ~Sonya

    ReplyDelete